Sunday 10 October 2010

Warmachine, starting a Khador army

Hi All

I picked up the rulebook for Warmachine ages ago and finally got round to making the models I had collected.

For a while now I have wanted to try games other than the ones Games-Workshop make, its not that i'm bored of GW I just want to broaden my Gaming horizon. Also GW haven't really made a new game in 10 years.


My idea was to pick up a few rule-books and just enough model to play the games and see which I like most. (I think I may have a Rule-book collecting addiction)

Looking though the rulebook I liked Khador the most, none of the other races really appeal to me. To be honest I find Hordes much more interesting, I like the look of Trollbloods, Circle Orboros and Skorne, but the Hordes rule-book wasn't released at the time.

Anyway on to the models i've made. I've got about 21 points so far and I think I will leave it at that till I've played a few games.


The plastics are interesting. They aren't supplied the on traditional frames like Games-workshop models, but still have loads of mold lines.


Thanks,
Andy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    Its a great game. I am finding Warmachine more of a thinking/tactical game than Warhammer. Already got 35 points of Menoth.

    Have to agree with you Hordes miniatures do look attractive!! Will probably be starting Hordes in the new year.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a quick demo game at Maelstrom Games, but I have pretty much forgot everthing.

    Matts working on some Retribution of Scyrah, hopefully we'll play some learning game once he's finished a few mini's

    ReplyDelete