Thursday 24 December 2009

Started on Space Hulk!



Last summer I picked up a copy of Space Hulk. I didn't have time to paint it and its been sitting in my cupboard screaming out to be painted for ages.

I want to get them all painted before playing the game properly (I had a quick game down the club when I first got it)

My first batch of Genstealers


And the first of the Terminators, which is the test model for the rest, because I was unsure the red would look okay (to bright), a couple of coats of wash and its looking really good now.


Im working on the rest of the first squad now, but they are taking a very long time to complete

4 comments:

  1. Those colors on the genstealers are nice! I intend to start of a tyranid army with that color scheme. hope to see more done soon on your space hulk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the metallic look of the armour plates, claws and such offset by the slightly sickly looking flesh tone. looks real sharp. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a god with those colours on the genstealers (the terminators are good as well!)

    How on Earth did you do that? Can you share your secret? I relay want to paint my genestealers like that. I have been looking for ages for a way to get a "outside color source" on the miniatures, because moast 40k minatures are painted very realistick. Do you have any sugestions on how you painted them pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The basic's of my colours on the Genstealers are really simple. I paint the armour/carapace bits with Boltgun Metal, then the fleshy area's with Denab Stone (a couple of coats). after I touch up all the areas I cocked up and paint the claws and other little bits with Boltgun Metal.
    Now I give them a coat of Devan Mud wash all other and when its dry I gave them a coat of Leviathan Purple (water down if you want them to be less purple!)
    Since posting these pics I have repainted the bases (they are rusty now), so I wont go into them!

    Thats it! hope that helps

    ReplyDelete