Friday 26 March 2010

Winter Incursion

Last weekend I went to Maelstrom Games 'Winter Incursion' Fantasy tournament. It was my first 2 day tournament and really enjoyed it, even though I manage to come last (thats why you wont find any tactics articles on this blog).

The venue was amazing, purpose built for tournaments. Downstairs is the store and upstairs is the gaming hall which is half done (when its finished, they said it will hold over 100 players).

You can find a proper write up here

I nicked these pics from there website, I'm sure they wont mind, seeing as this is kind of a free advert.

Outside

inside (borrowed the pic from the Heelan Hammer Forums)
Image

And the winners (and me)

From left to right
Best Painted- Wayne Kemp
Me with the Flames of War book, which I won for coming last.
2nd- Sib
Most Sporting- Alan Thompson
1st- Dan Heelan
3rd- Russ Veal

All the people I played against was great opponents. And I want to give a special thanks to Greg Milne. Who after giving me a bashing, gave me a training game at lunch time. And I had a great game with Mark from 'My Warhammer Fantasy Blog' which ended as a draw.

I've bought a ticket for the Summer Incursion, I think my army is going to need a serious rethink!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Andy

    Was a great weekend and a great game we had. This was the best tournament I have attended.

    So is your army re-think going to include a large fire breathing dragon and more magic?

    I have my ticket for the Summer Incursion, its going to be Ogre Kingdoms for me all 2,999 points.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to add a Dragon. I think i'm going to get the plastic GW dragon, but heavily convert it to look different.

    I'm also going to try mark of Slaanesh on everything!

    but going to take less magic, I was taking a lvl2 and getting no spells off and I think I can get the same magic defence from a lvl 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't go wrong with Slaanesh!

    A good thing about the Chaos Dragon is two heads, so double the breath weapons.

    I am going to try and attend Maelstrom Games nights on a Tuesday and Thursday. Its only 30 minutes away from where I work.

    Will need some practise with my Ogre Kingdoms if I am going to avoid last place with Ogres!!

    ReplyDelete