Wednesday 26 November 2014

A Christmas Fantasy Campaign



Next month, I'll be heading back to the UK for the 1st time in nearly 2 years. Me and my brother Matt  have been talking about arranging some games of Warhammer. I left my Warriors of Chaos army in the UK and Matt is currently playing Dark Elves. We thought it would be nice to theme these games and we thought the 'End Times' Chaos invasion into Naggaroth would be a great fit and setting.

The themed games turned into a mini campaign, 3 games long. I've made 3 new scenario's for us to play and came up with a bit of fluff/background to go with them.

My job is a graphic designer, so I wanted to make the PDF campaign booklet look as professional as possible. It was really fun using my skills on something which wasn't work!

If you want to check it out, you can download it here.

Starting at the back, we knew we wanted the final battle to be an epic finale and we haven't played Fantasy in a while, so it's a good idea to start with a small battle. It made sense to make the 2nd battle average size. So all the battles in the campaign scale up in size.

With the basic structure in place, I thought the small battle made sense to be scouting forces clashing and I had an idea that I want to play an ambushed themed battle, which fit in with the 2nd battle. The last battle, I want to keep simple because of the size, but I thought it would be good to have the first two scenario's effecting deployment.

I'm really looking forward to playing the campaign over Christmas and I want to post up here how we're getting on.

Thanks for reading, Andy




1 comment: