Saturday 27 June 2009

Making a Quick Blood Bowl Pitch

At my club blood bowl has become popular recently. So I thought it would be useful to have as many pitches as I could get my hands on, then new players would only have to worry about getting a team together.

A couple week ago, I almost throw away these static grass paper mat as I thought I would never need them, Games-workshop cloth static grass matts are much better.


Measured out the area I needed (77cm x 45cm), then cut it out.


Then I marked out a grid using a green maker pen (squares are 29 x 29mm).
My first attempt I tryed to draw the black crosses without marking a grid and it was a nightmare!


I then drew the pitch marking in a red marker pen.


Then I trimmed the edges off to make it look a little neater.

Finished! and Im really happy with the results.



The paper grass matt cost me around £5 and I only really had enough to make one,
But if you buy Games-Workshops cloth static grass matt (and you needed a lot) you could make 6 for £2.50 each.

9 comments:

  1. Hi this looks really good. Ive been wanting to make a pitch for a while,but everything is too expensive.Just wondering is it hard to draw on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really easy, as long as you have a big marker pen. I had to keep wiping the grass of end of the nip though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool thanks another thing do the player stand up alright on the grass

    ReplyDelete
  4. The minis stand on it fine, but I have just unrolled it after it has been rolled up for a few month and it need flattening (like a poster)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok thanks for all the help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how would you make this if u wanted to just mark out the black crosses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure, I had to draw the green lines to mark out where the crosses need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you think a white marker would show up on the mat

    ReplyDelete