Monday 2 August 2010

Warriors Reinforcements Update

Here's an update on the Warriors of Chaos minis I've been doing.
These seam to be taking me a long time to get going, Although I have done a little more since I took these pictures, they are all undercoated and I have painted the Warriors with Great-weapons (these are the most urgent, because I wanted to take them to my next tournament).


Now that ranks work better for monster infantry, I thought I would like to add a command to my Orges unit.


To make them look like they are wearing Chaos Armour, I added lots of Marauder Shields, which gives them a bit of a turtle look (ogres in a half shelf).


I've done a few updates to the Heroes aswell, adding greenstuff in the gaps.


I blended his cloak in by adding fur to the top of it (fur and hair are about the only things I can sculpt).





And the rest of the troops.


The warriors with Great-Weapons are the only ones I've finished so far.



Thanks,
Andy

3 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the mace hero. I have that model and hadn't thought to use him in that way. What is your BSB model? He will look great painted, whoever he is. The great wepons look good. The colors work well and I hope we can see a few close ups?
    cheers, Bard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Black Bard,

    The minis I used for the heroes are;

    http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=eng_eng_msd_chs_111_000#

    and

    http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=eng_eng_msd_hmn_191_000

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff dude! I really like the ogres, nice work on making them stand out and not look just like normal ogres.

    ReplyDelete